At a meeting with the representatives еIFL-e that was held in Ljubljana, Slovenia from May 23rd -28th May, the director, as the authorized representative of the Public Library “ Radislav Nikcevic” in Jagodina, signed the contract about the realization of Agrolib-Ja project, and on that occasion all the awarded projects were presented. After signing the contract, obligations regarding the implementation of the project were taken for a period of one year. Officially the beginning of the project was May 1st 2010, but the actual planned project activities implementation started only after signing the contract and the return of the Library representatives from Slovenia.
The representatives of the Public Library were presenting the project Agrolib-Ja in the best possible way at many sessions in Ljubljana for four working days.
- Creating of “Agrolib” Web portal which will gather at one place all agricultural producers from the Pomoravlje region, agricultural associations and scientific organizations from agricultural domain.
- Revitalization of the existing rural library network in following villages: Glavinci, Glogovac, Bagrdan, Deonica, Bunar, within their main library “Radislav Nikcevic” in Jagodina. The revitalisation means: renovation of library collection, equipping with computers and fast Internet connection. Librarians in rural libraries will be actively involved in the realization of this project.
- IT training course for farmers.
- Education for agricultures in cooperation with “Rural development support network” of the Ministry of agriculture of Serbia.
The impoverished village has reached the point when it is necessary to find new models of surviving which could modernize backward agriculture production and to improve social-economic status of rural population .
In spite of bad situation in villages, there are some successful farmers who use innovations in their production. But there isn’t any kind of organized exchange of experience between farmers about their successes. Because of that there is a necessity for the creation of the “AgroLib” Internet service. That service, which will be updated daily, will provide following information:
- professional articles about agriculture,
- experience of successful farmers(know-how),
- offer of agriculture products,
- information from the Ministry of agriculture of Serbia,
- offers of suppliers of agriculture equipment,
- offers of finance institutions,
- current application forms of NGO,
- information about rural tourism development and it’s good practise.
The main beneficiaries of our project are farmers in 52 rural areas of Jagodina. Our services for farmers will be available through the network of rural libraries in following villages: Deonica, Bunar, Glogovac, Glavinci and Bagrdan. This network provides equal coverage of complete territory of Jagodina. In rural libraries people could: use professional literature, have internet access and organized lectures about agriculture. Also, for rural population who doesn’t have information literacy special training course will be organized. The “AgroLib” Web portal services will be available not only for users from Jagodina, but throughout whole Serbia.
The local government of Jagodina town will provide technical and administrative support. It will also carry out space adaptation in rural libraries where necessary.
The rural development support network , will help and support rural population to:
- use subsides of the Ministry of agriculture of Serbia,
- learn how to prepare and finance projects for their villages,
- have better communication with local authorities and with the Ministry of agriculture,
- attend different training courses, platforms, lectures,
- stimulate local initiative in order to improve quality of life.
In cooperation with NGO “Ethno-form“, the prezervation of old handcrafts and home-made products can be realised, as well as their promotion, partners research and sell.
The Agency for small and medium enterprises and registrated agricultural households will registrate rural households and give support for education of farmers.
- Main media campaign in main local electronic and printed media (TV, radio, news papers).
- Setup of simple Blog for announcements and monitoring of project activities
- Contracting for domain name and site hosting
- Blog platform selection
- Development of blog’s theme (look and fill)
- Site editing
- Equipping of village libraries with computers, Internet access and telephone lines
- Equipping of village libraries with professional publications:
- Selection of serial and monographic publications from the agricultural domain
- Buying selected serial and monographic publications
- Library processing and marking
- Placement of publications in village libraries
- Development of „AgroLib“ web portal with modules for management of:
- User accounts and access privileges.
- Two language interface
- Categories of user profiles (e.g. gardener, craftsman, equipment supplier…)
- Categories of agricultural products (e.g. vegetables, pottery, second hand agricultural machines…)
- Pages for user profiles which users will edit by themselves.
- Catalogue of agricultural publications (serial and monographic)
- “Internet market” which main function will be browsing of all products filtered by category and sorted by additional criteria. For each presented product also will be presented back link to profile of user who offers that product.
- External links
- Searching of contents from selected category
- Weather forecast
- Targeted media campaign
- IT education of groups of farmers from following villages: Bunar, Deonica, Glavinci, Bagrdan and Glogovac
- Organizing groups of farmers for visiting “Ethno – fair in Jagodina” in cooperation with “Ethno – form” NGO
- Organizing groups of farmers for visiting “Guca Trumpet Festival” in cooperation with “Ethno – form” NGO
- Organizing groups of farmers for visiting “Grape gathering in Župa“ in cooperation with “Ethno – form” NGO
- Organizing groups of farmers for visiting “The closing manifestation of folks manufacture production in Topola” in cooperation with “Ethno – form” NGO
- Organizing groups of farmers for visiting “Wine fest” in Belgrade in cooperation with “Ethno – form” NGO
- Registration of agricultural households – The Agency for small and medium enterprises and registrated agricultural households
- Holding platforms in all five villages “Introducing new agricultural laws” – Rural development support network
- Lecturing about organic food production and rural tourism in all five villages
- Lecturing about cattle breeding in all five villages – Rural development support network
- Lecturing about fruit growing in all five villages – Rural development support network
- Lecturing about vegetable growing in all five villages – Rural development support network